10 April 2013

25-26-27 Weeks

I'm in the third trimester now, y'all!
Things are getting real.
Only 12 more weeks until we meet Baby Brother. :)

The bump at 25, 26, and 27 weeks:


How far along? 27 weeks and 5 days.

How big is the baby? About the size of a head of cauliflower,
or 16 inches long and about 2.5 pounds.

Are you in maternity clothes? Yes.

How do you feel physically? Some days I feel really good
and have enough energy, and others I feel like I've got cement shoes.
Fortunately the good days outnumber the less good ones. :)

Sleep? In an attempt to help my varicose vein issues,
I've been sleeping on my left side exclusively - which is a lot harder
than you might think. I often wake up on my back,
so it takes some effort to stay on my side throughout the night.

Miss anything? My non-maternity clothes. 
And sleeping however I want to!

Feeling movement of the baby? Oh my goodness, this kid never rests!
Well, he does rest - he just happens to wake up when I'm trying to sleep. :)
Baby Brother is getting a lot stronger because some of his
calisthenics are starting to hurt!

Food cravings? I think because BB is growing, there is not as much room
for my stomach to expand and I'm not as hungry these days.
But when I do have a craving, something salty almost always hits the spot.

Gender of the baby? BOY!
 
Mood/ thoughts? I am starting to freak out just a little.
I feel like there is so much to do before this little bundle of energy joins our family,
and that 12 weeks (or less) is simply not enough time to accomplish it all.
I'm starting to think about the delivery and what that might look like,
hopefully not involving a c-section! We (well, it's mostly me) are considering using a doula
this time around, but there are still so many unknowns and so many things
that could change - and change multiple times - before the birth
which may mean that a doula doesn't make sense.
Then there's the whole juggling the routines/ schedules of two kiddos,
which has totally got this brain boggled!
And don't even get me started on all the other little household projects I'd like to accomplish. :)

3 comments:

karen said...

you look so good, jessica! i love your easy going attitude and nature. you're doing the most important job! just 12 more weeks! wow! we can't wait to meet baby rich! xoxo, mini

Brittnie said...

Girl I feel you with the varicose vein issues. Ugh! I always had one in my left leg and when I was preg with Clara that thing made its appearance even MORE known, if that was even possible. And lucky for me it has decided to stay! :)

You look beautiful!

Aubrie said...

I so remember feeling that same way (mostly the questions of how to handle 2!). You are already a wonderful mom, and you will be fabulous with 2! Boys so close together are so fun!