22 March 2013

22-23-24 Weeks

It just keeps on growing!
The bump at 22, 23, and 24 weeks:

Whoa - sorry for the crazy hair at 24 weeks.
I had just driven 6+ hours back from Houston and was frazzled to say the least!

How far along? 24 weeks and 6 days. (Nothing like cutting it close!)

How big is the baby? The size of an eggplant, about 9 inches long and 1.7 pounds.

Are you in maternity clothes? Oh, YES.

How do you feel physically? Tired. And although it is exhausting to keep up
with our little bundle of energy, I think my tiredness is more due to all the other junk
that's been going on in our world lately.

Sleep? I am going to bed at a reasonable (and pretty consistent) hour,
but I think pregnancy insomnia is starting to kick in. 
Some nights I wake and just can't go back to sleep.
Maybe this is my body's way of preparing me for less sleep when Baby Brother arrives!

Miss anything? Right now, I miss my husband. He has been working
crazy hours the past few weeks so I've been a de facto single parent.
Kudos to all the single parents out there who do this day in and day out - I don't know
how you manage! I am realizing that it truly does take a village to raise a child,
and I am SO GLAD this is one job I don't have to fly solo on...not all the time, anyways. :)

Feeling movement of the baby? Baby Brother has quite the repertoire of karate moves!
Seems like he moves a lot more than Max did, or maybe I just know what to feel for.

Food cravings? It's weird - some days I am not very hungry at all,
and other days I could gnaw my arm off and still be ravenous!
No specific cravings, but I have been drinking a lot of smoothies lately.

Gender of the baby? Boy, oh boy!
 
Mood/ thoughts? I am just feeling really overwhelmed.
There is still so much that needs to be done to prepare for Baby Brother
in the three short months (or less!) before his arrival
 - I'd like to attempt potty training Max, for one - 
and I've been thinking a lot about how I'm going to manage life with two boys 
(and their very different needs) and keep up with my other responsibilities. 
While I know it will take some time to find a new routine, I remember all too well 
the challenges of those first months and feeling stretched thin in lots of ways.
I am sure it will be no different this time around.
The trial-and-error (mostly error) of that transition time is not something I look forward to.
Guess I'm impatient in that way and ready to have things figured out. :)

2 comments:

Brittnie said...

You look adorable!

For the past few months I have been having trouble sleeping (fall asleep fine but wake up all night long and then usually up for good by 3 or 4am). My lactation consultant recommended I take a B12 supplement before bed. It is safe for breastfeeding thus I would imagine it would be safe for pregnancy. It's all natural. Anyways, It has been MAJORLY helping and I really do see a difference!! Amazing. It's Bluebonnet 2,000 mg chewable of B12. I have only found it at Whole foods. Just a FYI but of course ask your Dr. :)

(This specific brand/mg was recommended to my lactation consultant by another OBGYN so I can't speak to all the other brands/doses of B12, just the specific one I listed.)

Katie Allen said...

The first couple of months are hard/crazy, but for me they sort of went by in a blur and then we found our footing with a new routine. Change is hard but good and I know you'll do a much better job with it than I did! And having your new baby boy is just going to brighten your world - I'm excited for you!