14 April 2012

Book of the Month: March

I'm a little behind the times here, people - I know it's almost halfway through April.
But technically I started this book in March, so we're counting it! ;)

My latest read:

I found out about this book through Pinterest (of course) and was intrigued by the title. 
It went along with several other studies I am doing, so soon this little paperback was on its way 
from the Amazon warehouse to my front door.

For some reason I was thinking that this book would include some magical time-saving tips
for my chore routine or the best homemade stain remover or some other tidbit that would totally
change my life - but it didn't. What it did include was a lot of real life examples of how it's just impossible to measure up to the Proverbs 31 wife. (Her long list of attributes makes my head hurt!)


Although this book wasn't exactly what I expected, there were still some great little nuggets of wisdom to take away (like that knitting is harder than it looks and cake decorating isn't for sissies). And this book was indeed a nice complement to the other studies I am currently doing.
But even though I didn't much care for the writing style (it was almost like you were reading out of her diary and not very polished) and many of her domestic "experiments" seemed contrived to me (though I guess you don't exactly do experiments by accident), I came away from this book with a greater understanding of what it means to be a Godly wife.

Being more like the Proverbs 31 woman is not something we can do on our own -
we must rely on God's strength to tackle our daily to-dos and do so cheerfully!

 What a great reminder for this June Cleaver wannabe. :)

No comments: