04 February 2011

A Week of Weekends

Can you believe this is Texas?!!?!!

 


During all of these snow days, I have certainly tried to keep myself from going stir-crazy
by staying busy...

On Tuesday, I finished reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusac,
which I cannot recommend highly enough.

The story follows a young girl who lives in a suburb of Munich, Germany,
during World War II. I know this sounds odd, but Death is the narrator - and a fantastic one at that. The writing is absolutely amazing - I can't even begin to describe it. Please, please, please check this book out! It is absolutely worth your time to read. And if you need a copy, I've got one I'm happy to lend. :)

I also worked on some photo books using Picaboo, which is one of my
"28 Before 28" goals. Three down and (only) 12 more to go!

Clay watched Despicable Me one evening this week while I did some crafting. I know we're a little behind the times in viewing this one - but better late than never! It was a very clever movie with a great ending. ;)
AND my cute little felt snap-ons are one step closer to being finished -
if only I could have run to the store since I ran out of snaps. :(

My sister's birthday is today (Happy birthday, Rach!)
and she requested that I make her a chocolate cake.
So with my schedule clear, it allowed me lots of time to whip up this beauty:

We'll see how it tastes at her party tonight!

And that's not even counting all the fun things I've yet to do today. :)

Hope you've enjoyed your week of weekends!

2 comments:

karen said...

wish i could have a piece of that cake!! looks delish! happy bday, rachel!
i'm going to put a request for the book at our library now. always love good reads!
and yes, we've enjoyed the winter event(s).
keep warm!
xoxo,
karen

*Priscilla* said...

Thanks for the book recommendation! I bought it for my Kindle and will be checking it out soon! It sounds good. Hope you guys stay warm with all that wintery weather!! :)

How was Rach's party last night?? How was the cake? :)