05 January 2012

Book of the Month: December

Folks, I think I have set a personal record for the quickest read - EVER. The reason? 
This little paperback, which found its way into my stocking thanks to my husband Clay:


I seriously finished this book within twelve hours of starting it! 
(Probably would have been less, but there are these things called responsibilities - 
you know, a child and dinner and laundry and such - that demanded my attention.)

There is a lot of buzz about The Hunger Games, probably because the movie is due out this March. 
I have to admit, I'm always a bit skeptical to jump on the teen novel bandwagon but now I see what all the fuss is about! Granted, there was a bit more gore to the book than I care for (I did skim those sections so maybe that's why I finished so quickly?), but I don't think it would have been such a compelling story had the stakes not been so high. 

So all that to say, yes, it was a very compelling story.
Yes, I am a fast reader. :)
Yes, I can hardly wait to get my hands on a copy of the second book!

And if you are interested in reading The Hunger Games, I have a copy I'd love to lend. :)

Happy reading!

2 comments:

Chelsie Sargent said...

Yes, Loved the whole series. I read these when I was pregnant- made for some interesting dreams:)!

Janalyn said...

I have the second and third books I can lend if you haven't gotten your hands on them yet!