22 March 2012

Rich-Craft: Playmat and Fabric Alphabet

I hope I'm not the only one whose project list grows exponentially 
every time they browse Pinterest. :)

These were two fun finds several months ago, but are just now seeing completion.
I actually started these crafts way back when, but then there was the whole thing about not reading the instructions thoroughly and making several mad dashes to the store to get more materials...
but that's a story for another time. ;)

I saw this adorable playmat and knew I just HAD to make one for Max -
 even if he is a little old for Legos yet. I figured we could use it for pretty much any of his toys!


 I mostly followed the instructions, although my bag turned out a few inches smaller 
than the one in the tutorial. Still cute though, don't you think?

Here's the inside:

And here's the outside:

The drawstring is super-long, but I couldn't figure out how to remedy that 
and still get the mat to lay flat on the floor.

In an ironic twist of fate, I saw these Lay-n-Gos on a blog I follow - 
of course, the day after I finished the playmat! Oh well.

The fabric alphabet is actually just a slightly different version
of some instructions from Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing for Baby.
My Pinterest find was actually much simpler and easy to follow.
The only modification I made was to make the letters a bit bigger and omit the magnets.

I think they turned out cute!

What are some of your latest Pinterest projects? I'm now looking for suggestions. ;)

2 comments:

Katie Allen said...

I really want to make a play mat like that, I love it!

karen said...

those are some really neat crafts! max is a lucky little boy! i can see you making him a 'coat of many colors' fashioned after that playmat someday! cool!