08 September 2010

A Brief Guide to World Domination

One of my lifelong goals has been to dominate the world. Just kidding! But seriously...

You may be wondering exactly how I chose this topic for a blog post. Perhaps I'm feeling rather confident after our recent overzealous overseas trip (try saying THAT three times fast!). Maybe the jet lag has gone to my head. Or just maybe I'm recalling the days in elementary school when I seriously planned to become first woman President of the United States. (That's pretty darn close to world domination, right?)

Or maybe I stumbled across something incredibly wonderfully non-conformist as I was catching up on my blogs. :D

This evening I found myself reading the manifesto of one Chris Guillebeau, who penned said Guide to World Domination - and I just had to share it with you! He explores on the idea that you don't have to live your life the way other people expect you to. This is a HUGE reminder for me because I am a people pleaser, big time. I mean, it makes sense when you think about it - why should you succumb to the monotony that the masses preach? He includes some pretty incredible exercises in the short "report" which help you to identify exactly how to go about living your own life which may or may not include conquering the world. And although he doesn't mention God or faith, I think it definitely plays into the fact that our Creator has made us to do great and exciting things - if we will only take the risk.

These ideas have developed into a recently-released book called The Art of Non-Conformity, which I have already added to my Amazon wishlist. (hint hint)

Interesting Side Note: Chris is attempting to travel to every country in the world (according to his list, there are 198 total) by the time he turns 35. He documents many fascinating things on his journeys, which you can read about here.

So, dear readers, what will you be dominating? Here shortly, I will be staking my claim to the bed and hopefully beat my husband to it. ;D

No comments: