27 June 2013

Our Main Man

This post is quite belated,
but I felt the need to give a shout out to our main main
even if it is two weeks late. :)

It's funny to me that Clay's birthday and Father's Day are so close
because this guy is the most laid back man in the world when it comes to celebrations.
He didn't even bat an eye when I asked him how he wanted
to celebrate his back-to-back occasions:
dinner at Rudy's, watching the Spurs, and strawberry cake.
Um...aren't you forgetting something??? I thought.
 

 
But that's what he wanted - and that's what we did.
And he loved it.

It just didn't seem quite enough for the man
who works hard to provide a comfortable life for his family,
who never hesitates when asked to play even though he's just
walked through the door after a long day,
who is so generous with his time to help others,
who brings calm and perspective to my worries,
who adores our son - and thinks I'm pretty special, too. :)
 

We are so very grateful to have Clay as our main man.
I'm not sure we'd make it without him!

1 comment:

karen said...

love this post!
that picture of max laying against clay is so sweet!
happy birthday, clay!
we love you, too!