27 July 2011

Baby Got Back


No, Max's rear end is not growing disproportionately to the rest of his body - we are trying out cloth diapers! I ordered a trial pack from Jillian's Drawers and am testing out several different kinds to see which ones I like best. Or if I'm even cut out to be a cloth diaperer.

Apparently there is a learning curve with these things; they don't have an indicator line that turns blue like Huggies! Max woke up very unhappy (and vocal about it) during his late afternoon nap. When Clay went to check on him, he noticed a nice puddle on the crib sheet - and a totally SOAKED diaper! No wonder our little one was so cranky. 

Hopefully this mama can figure out how these cloth diapers work before we have mutiny on our hands! ;)

3 comments:

karen said...

every day=new adventures!
have fun!
xoxo,
mini

Lana said...

My daughter Heather has used cloth diapers on both her girls and would love to help you out in any way she can. Her email is hmt90a@gmail.com. Just email her.

Heather said...

Jessica, if you'd like help with your cloth diapers, let me know. I've been using them for about 3 years and, although I don't claim to be an expert, I can tell you what I know and point you to people who might could help more, if needed. (I'm Lana's daughter, by the way.)