28 February 2013

19-20-21 Weeks


Here's the bump at 19, 20, and 21 weeks:

How far along? 21 weeks and 5 days

How big is the baby? The size of a spaghetti squash - 8 inches long and about 1 pound.

Are you in maternity clothes? Oh, yes! I have realized that many of my non-maternity shirts
are just not long enough anymore. :)

How do you feel physically? For the most part, I feel good. The occasional heartburn has started and I feel twinges of my round ligaments stretching every now and then. 
My spider and varicose veins are hurting some so I've been wearing gradient compression
stockings daily (sexy!). But those are totally minor complaints in the scheme of things!

Sleep? I feel well-rested most days when I wake - even since we've moved
Max to his toddler bed. (For some reason I was expecting that transition
to come with lots of sleepless nights.) I am not taking advantage of my ability
to nap during the day like I should...I'll work on that though. :)

Miss anything? Energy! But I think that is something I will always
want more of, especially with one - soon to be two - boys running around!

Feeling movement of the baby? I can really feel Baby Brother moving these days! 
It is so fun. He is especially active in the evenings - or maybe I'm more still then 
and more aware of his ninja practice.

Food cravings? Anything salty and savory.

Gender of the baby? It's a boy! We are so excited for Max to have a little brother. :)
 
Mood/ thoughts? I have been thinking a lot lately about what Baby Brother's personality will
be like and what his unique contributions will be to our family. Will he be athletic or bookish?
Will he like to sing or have difficulty keeping time? Will he always draw a crowd or prefer to stay away from them? I cannot wait to meet this little man and see what he is like!

No comments: